Small village in the upper Valle Intelvi. In the past centuries in Verna were born the Solari, generations of painters and of the scagliola art. During the second world war the village was a strategic site for the partisans who fought against the German troops which camped in the valley.
Church of S. Benedetto
Built in the XVII century, with a baroque lantern on top of the bell tower, the church is enriched inside by frescoes and scagliola altars by local artists of the XVII and XVIII centuries.
Oratory of S. Pancrazio
Dating back to the XI century, enlarged in the 1400, of the original construction it preserves the apse (now the left chapel). The bell tower dates back to the XIII century, while the arcade was added in the baroque age. Inside: two frescoes of the 1500s; a marble group by the local artist T.Orsolini (XVII century); two altars in scagliola of the eighteenth century by P. Solari di Verna.
HOW TO GET THERE:
join the road to Valle Intelvi from Argegno and follow the street signs.
TIME AND LENGHT OF THE TRIP:
half a day. – 22 Km.